Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
(Click on the plus sign to read the answer)
Do you rent space/rooms for private occasions?
No. We do not rent out space/rooms for any occasion.
How can I become a volunteer?
- Leave either your name, email address and phone number using our Contact Form and we will provide you with more information or,
- Send an email to: email@example.com or,
- Stop by the firehouse any Tuesday at 7:00 PM.
Does TCFD have a junior firefighter program?
The program is call “Firefighter with Restrictions” or “Youthful Firefighters”. The minimum age to apply is 16. Application must be do-signed by a parent or legal guardian. Working papers are not required. Youthful firefighers are not allowed in active burning structure or other hazardous situation or area.
What are the requirements to become a firefighter in Thomas Corners Fire Department?
- You must be 18 years old and live, work or own propery in Fire District 7 as specified in Article IV, Section 1, Active Status in our Constitution dated January 2023.
- Residents may reside in the Town of Glenville or the City of Schenectady between Van Vranken Avenue and the Mohawk River.
- Immediate family who reside with non-resident active firefighters are also eligible for membership.
- Member shall not be a member of any other volunteer fire company.
- Member shall be approved by the Department members and the Board of Fire Commissioners.
- TCFD provides training in all phases of being a firefighter. NYS also offers a variety of courses to supplement our training.
Does TCFD rent out their meeting room or pole barn?
No, TCFD does not rent out any space.
Does TCFD have a pension program?
Yes, there are certain requirements needed to meet the Length of Service Program (LOSAP).
How can I obtain a fire report?
You can call us at (518) 399-5621 or send a Fax to (518) 399-5624.
Where is TCFD located?
We are located at 5 Airport Road, Glenville, behind Monroe Brake & Muffler.
How often should I changed my Smoke detector batteries?
Batteries should be changed twice a year. You should do this when you change your clocks.
When do have your meeting, drills etc.?
We meet on Tuesdays, at 7:00 PM. The 1st Tuesday of the month is the company meeting. The 2nd and 4th Tuesdays are drill nights. The 3rd Tuesday is truck-check night. Day time people meet on Friday mornings at 9:00 AM. If there is a 5th Tuesday, it is a station clean-up.
What type of calls does TCFD respond to?
Medical, fire, motor vehicle, mutual aid, hazmat, we respond to all calls in which we are dispatched.
How many calls has TCFD respond to?
The following table lists the total alarm calls received by year since 2010: